Brouhaha International is pleased to inform you that once again we have been successful in our application to the European Commission’s ‘Capacity Building in the Field of Youth’. Thanks to the Executive Agency we will receive €110,000 to deliver a number of residencies:
We have UK based artists going out on two month residencies to our various partners in:
- Port of Spain, Trinidad – Cut + Clear Productions Ltd.
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Associação Escola de Samba Embaixadores da Alegria
- Lusaka, Zambia – Barefeet
- Cape Town, South Africa – Artscape
- Kingston, Jamaica – Manifesto JA
- Colorado, USA – Dream Warriors Management
- Santiago de Cuba, Cuba – Acitae (Jose Antonio Prades Hung)
Our first UK artists leave for Rio and Port of Spain as carnival is only 5 weeks away, with further mobility’s happening throughout 2018.
In May we will see the arrival of 14 young artists from the countries mentioned above, who will spend 3 months in Liverpool in the run up to Liverpool International Carnival 2018. They will be delivering engagement work in community and school contexts.
The final project stage will see a further 21 artists from the above mentioned countries bring new performance work to our 2018 festival in July.
Once again brouhaha demonstrates its ability to deliver a truly global programme for a global city that builds the capacity and capabilities of young emerging artists.